Keeping your HVAC system clean is a great way to care for your home and for the people who live there, too. In fact, as people become more and more conscious of their health, air duct cleaning is emerging as a way to make absolutely sure that the air you breathe when you’re home is completely clean.
Not sure if you need air conditioning duct cleaning right now? Here are some guidelines for how often to call for air duct cleaning service.
Signs You Need Air Duct Cleaning
There’s no hard and fast rule for how often to clean air ducts. Some professionals recommend it at least once a year. The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) suggests doing it every three to five years. However, the best way to decide when to call for air duct cleaning is to look for signs that your ducts are dirty. These include:
- Visible dust buildup around vents and registers
- A thick layer of dust in the parts of your ducts you can see
- Extra dust and debris in the filter area
- Mold and/or mildew odors coming from your registers
- Pests seen inside or seen accessing your ductwork
Air duct cleaning is also helpful under certain circumstances, usually when you know there are contaminants in your ductwork and you want to get them out. These circumstances include:
- You live in or near a construction zone or you’ve just finished a home remodeling project
- You are moving into a home that was just built
- Chemicals or other irritants have been released in your home
- You have pets that shed or drop dander
- You or someone you love often experiences symptoms of allergies or asthma in your home
You may also want to call an air duct cleaning service when you move into a new home. This is particularly true when you aren’t provided with records of previous air duct cleaning so you aren’t sure when the service was last performed.
Work With Us for Air Duct Cleaning
Call us at Daniels Plumbing & Air Conditioning today to schedule your air conditioning duct cleaning in Austin. We’ll send an air quality expert to your home ASAP to clean your ducts out as soon as possible. Our team will get to work and keep working hard until your system is cleaned out and treated so that problems don’t return. Improve your indoor air quality when you call to schedule an air duct cleaning soon.