Gas leaks are one of the most dangerous issues a home or business can face. If there is any chance your house or office may have any type of gas leak, contact a professional ASAP to find and fix the issue.
If you think you may have a gas leak, call (512) 400-2474 for immediate emergency service.
Signs of A Gas Leak
If you have access, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with your gas lines before there’s a problem. Being able to differentiate between what’s normal and what’s not is the easiest way to tell when something is wrong.
In addition to cool gas lines or condensation on your lines, some of the most obvious symptoms of a gas leak include:
- Gas odors. Some gases are purposefully scented to have a foul, rotten egg odor, but they may not all have a distinct smell. Carbon monoxide detectors are essential for any home or business.
- Trigged CO Detectors. Regardless of whether your building came with CO detectors or you installed them yourself, it is essential that you know the difference between your gas detector and fire alarm. Don’t make the mistake of brushing an alarm off as a malfunctioning smoke detector.
- Hissing Noise. Gas escaping the line may make a high-pitched or hissing noise due to the pressure in the line.
If you have a gas leak, get to a safe location away from the leak where you have access to clean air. Do not use any appliances or electrical equipment until a professional has made the area 100% safe.
When To Repair Or Replace Your Gas Lines
Proper gas line maintenance is not a DIY job. Due to the inherent danger of natural gases, it’s critical that you leave gas line repairs to a professional plumber. Some of Austin’s older homes and businesses are especially at risk, depending on how diligent past owners were.
If you think something may be wrong with your lines or just want a check-up, contact Daniel’s to inspect your lines for:
- Bends in the lines
- Weak lines or pipe connections
- Loose fittings
- Cracked or hardened gaskets
Don’t wait until it becomes a problem. Give us a call to keep your home or business safe.