Water Leak Detection Services
When water is spraying everywhere, it’s usually pretty clear you’ve got a plumbing leak. However, leaks can be hidden or subtle, too. Here are some signs that you have a leak and should call a plumber fast. If you notice any of these at your property in Lakeway, give us a call at Daniel’s Plumbing and Air Conditioning, and we’ll come out to perform water leak detection ASAP.
Signs Of A Water Leak
- You have unexplained and persistent mold or mildew growth. Mold and mildew love dampness, so it’s important that you keep your eye out for them. If you’re constantly cleaning and it doesn’t go away, or you smell a musty odor even though you’ve cleaned and cleaned, chances are good that you have a hidden leak somewhere.
- Your water meter moves all the time. If you check out your water meter and it’s constantly ticking, even when you know no one is using water or you’ve turned off your main water valve to test it, then you have a plumbing leak somewhere.
- Your water bills keep going up. If you keep spending more and more on water even though you aren’t using any more water, it’s time to look for a leak. Make sure that any spikes you see aren’t due to seasonal changes by comparing your bills now to the ones from a year ago. If there’s a significant change, look for a leak.
- You notice wet spots. Sometimes, you’ll notice a wet spot in your home or yard. You’ll clean it up, not thinking much about it, only to find it has returned the next time you check. This is a sign that you have a plumbing leak somewhere nearby. The water has to go somewhere, so it’s pooling in your wet spot.
- You hear the sounds of water moving. If you aren’t running any water but you hear water moving through your pipes or dripping, you’ve got a leak somewhere. Your water should stop entirely when you aren’t intentionally using it.
- Your water pressure is low. If you can’t get your water pressure up to where it normally is, you probably have a leak somewhere. If the leak is small, you may not notice this very much. However, any changes in water pressure should be checked out by a pro.
- You find new cracks in your foundation. It’s not unusual for your foundation to crack a little as it settles over the years. However, if you start seeing a lot of cracks all at once, it could be a sign of a water leak. When too much water seeps out into the foundation and other structural components of your home, leaks eventually result.
Lakeway’s Water Leak Detection Pros
If you are ever concerned about the possibility of a water leak, call us at Daniel’s Plumbing and Air Conditioning. We have experts in water leak detection standing by. They can get to you fast, assess your home for leaks, and come up with a plan to seal your pipes. Get the peace of mind you need when you make an appointment with us in Lakeway today!