Your Ducts Should be Cleaned If:
- You’ve noticed an unpleasant smell in your home.
- Your registers are dirty.
- You/your family has allergies and/or asthma.
- You have young children or elderly family living with you.
- You have pets.
- You have smokers in the house.
What is in your home’s air that your family is breathing?
Air ducts have a very important function They help to circulate both heated and cooled air throughout your home. Every time your air conditioner or heater runs, air is cycling through your ducts to allow for comfort within your home.
The Environmental Protection Agency has ranked poor indoor air pollution among the top 5 risks for public health multiple years in a row. Without even knowing, your air duct system could be contaminated with particulates that are harmful for you and your family to breathe. Each time your heating and cooling system turns on, it can circulate dust, dust mites, animal dander, pollen and bacteria throughout the air inside your home.
- The EPA has ranked indoor air quality as one of the top 5 environmental risks to public health.
- More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies. According to Total Health and Better Health magazine, 1 out of 4 people who suffer from allergies, do so, due to the fungi and bacteria in the air duct system.
- Indoor air is 2-5 times worse than outdoor air.
Air duct cleaning removes dust and contaminants within your duct work. This includes the supply and return ducts, registers and diffusers in each room. This not only improves air quality but can decrease the strain put on your AC fan motor.
5 Benefits to having your ducts professionally cleaned:
- Creates a cleaner living environment – As the air circulates throughout your home, the particulates from your ducts and vents land on your furniture, bedding, flooring, kitchen counters…just about everywhere. Having your air ducts cleaned reduces the amount of interior cleaning.
- Reduces allergens and irritants – air ducts frequently contain contaminants and micro-organisms along with the dust and pollutants. These can include pet dander, bacteria, mildew, mold spores and pollen. People who suffer from allergies, asthma and other respiratory problems are particularly sensitive to these airborne particles.
- Helps everyone to breathe easier – Even if you don’t suffer from chronic allergies or respiratory problems, dust and pollutants entering your lungs can cause sneezing as well as bronchial and sinus congestion. Air duct cleaning creates a comfortable environment that promotes well-being.
- Removes unpleasant smells and odors – pet odors, dander, tobacco, food preparations all can contribute to the stale smells in the air ducts. These smells are circulated throughout the home when air runs through those ducts and vents. A detailed cleaning removes those trapped odor particles.
- Improves air flow efficiency – ductwork and/or registers that have a heavy build up can restrict air flow from the heater and air conditioner. This increases efficiency in those unit and thus reduces the longevity as well as increase energy costs.
About the Equipment
We use Rotobrush BrushBeast for our duct cleaning. The BrushBeast is the most powerful Rotobrush system yet. Equipped with 4 vacuum motors this unit has a 90% increase in vacuum power. It can remove even the heaviest build up within duct systems. Rotobrush technology is efficient and effective.
The basic premise of the Rotobrush BrushBeast system is based upon the patented function of simultaneously brushing and vacuuming debris at the point of contact. The system employs a 52-foot, rotary-driven, high-tensile-strength cable through a double-lined vacuum hose connected to a dome shaped brush. Four vacuums provide HEPA filtered suction which extracts any debris which has been brushed loose by the rotating brush.