Emergency Burst Pipe Repair in Austin
There are many reasons a pipe could burst, but they all have one thing in common: terrible timing.
Luckily, at Daniel’s, we offer 24/7 repair services in case you ever find yourself stepping into a puddle at 3 am.
How to Tell If You Have A Burst Pipe
Pipes burst for a variety of reasons, from freezing temperatures to mineral build-up, and it may not be immediately obvious that anything has happened. While it’s clear to tell something is wrong when you’ve got water up to your knees in your kitchen, there are some subtler ways to determine a problem with your plumbing:
- Foul smell from faucets. Bad smells, especially rotten eggs, coming from your tap is a clear warning of leaking sewage.
- Puddles under appliances. If you find standing water under your sinks or in cabinets, the water could be seeping in from pipes the wall. Or, if you can’t find the source, you may need leak detection to find and fix any issues.
- Fluctuating water pressure. While water pressure can change for a variety of reasons, a sudden drop means the pressure may be escaping somewhere else.
- Dripping noises. If you notice any new sounds that sound like dripping or gurgling when water isn’t running, it could mean a burst pipe within the wall.
- Off-colored water. Cloudy, yellowed, or otherwise “weird” looking water could indicate that outside elements are getting into your home’s water supply through a broken pipe.
- High water bills. A sudden increase in your water bill means a sudden increase in water, which could be due to a leaky pipe.
No matter how minor or severe it looks from the outside, it’s essential to have a repair specialist out ASAP if you suspect a pipe has
burst. They’ll be able to replace or repair the pipe while minimizing damage both to your home and your wallet. If there is severe damage, we also offer multiple financing options to help offset the cost of repiping or burst pipe repairs.
What to do In Case of a Burst Pipe
Call the experts: (512) 490-6700
It might be tempting to attempt a DIY fix, but you’re more likely to either make the problem worse or cause unnecessary damage to your plumbing. We offer emergency repair services so that, no matter how bad the problem is, you can get it repaired properly.
If you do want to help out while one of our expert technicians is en route, feel free to turn off your water main to minimize damage and make sure none of your valuables are sitting in any pools of water.