Austin Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless Installation For Your Austin Home
If you’re ready for a replacement water heater for your home, the first question that might come to mind is a tank or tankless? At Daniel’s Plumbing & Air Conditioning, we not only install, replace, and/or repair both tanked and tankless water heaters, but we can also help you determine which option is right for you. We also offer seasonal specials and financing, so you won’t break the bank by installing a new tankless water heater.
How a Tankless Water Heater Works
The idea behind a tankless water heater is very simple. Tankless water heaters use high powered burners to rapidly heat water. A heat exchanger delivers the hot water directly to facility fixtures without using a storing tank. Tankless heaters are also called “on-demand” water heaters, because the appliance does not maintain a continuous hot water supply, but instead heats water as it is needed and does so very quickly. Tankless heaters can be electric, propane, or gas.
Benefits of Tankless
- Size. On-demand water heaters are much smaller than the traditional tanked water heaters, because of this, they take up zero floor space and are mounted on the wall. Tankless water heaters can also be installed into a single fixture or an entire household.
- Energy Efficient. Tankless water heaters are energy efficient. When installed properly, a tankless water heater can optimize its energy efficiency. For the best results, be sure to hire a licensed plumber; tankless water heaters are not a simple do it yourself project. Tankless water heaters use up to 50% less energy than their competition, tank water heaters.
- Life Span. Tankless water heaters also have a reputation for having a longer life span than their counter partners. One of the reasons for the life extension is that there is no standing water in a tank, this also means that there will be less limescale build-up and corrosion.
- Replaceable Parts. Tankless water heaters are designed to have nearly every part replaced. For example, if a tank heater ends up with a leak, potentially the entire unit will need to be replaced. With an on-demand water heater, you’ll only need to replace the parts instead of the entire unit. An on-demand water heater can last 20 years, sometimes longer. Unlike traditional tank water heaters that hold a limited amount of water, on-demand water heaters are ideal for filling large tubs and other large areas with hot water, because of the continuous rapid heating.
Disadvantages of Tankless
Tankless water heaters do have disadvantages, like the upfront cost. On-demand water heaters cost at least three times more to install, although we do offer seasonal specials and financing options to help offset the cost.
- Cost. The upfront cost is one of the most noticeable. It is important to keep in mind that the smaller units may not have a large enough capacity to serve an entire household, but larger ones do.
- Requirements. Tankless water heaters have special venting requirements due to using high powered burners. This venting system requires professional installation. The “cold water sandwich” occurs when the tankless heater shuts off after a task. Adding a storage tank resolves some of these problems.
Install Your Tankless Water Heater With Daniel’s Plumbing & Air Conditioning
Tankless water heaters are the most efficient option for heating water in your home or office. Daniel’s Plumbing & Air Conditioning is certified to install and maintain on-demand water heaters. We are happy to assist in the decision to go tankless, to ensure it’s the best option for your needs. Our warranties include:
- 18 Month Repair Warranty
- Labor Manufacturer Match Warranty on Water Heaters
- Lifetime Warranty on Tankless Water Heaters
Call to schedule an appointment with a Service Expert and get your quote today!